Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A Month of Pants (oh and a dress)

So, let’s get on with the actual blogging. For my first vintage fashion post, I want to show some of the lovely items I have bought recently. I’d like to lie and say that I am only stocking up because Viva Las Vegas 15 is right around the corner, but the truth is that I have an extremely hard time not purchasing items that are my size.

At the end of December, I purchased a beautiful pair of Nicole Katherine Designs Rockabilly Dungarees (http://shop.nicolekatherinedesigns.com/). They are by far my favorite pants. Yes, they are a reproduction item but if you had any idea of how hard it is to find a 30 inch waist vintage pant, you’d cut me some slack. Additionally, after you tried a pair on any defiance would cease immediately. They are extremely well made, comfortable yet stylish, and so easy to dance in! The top is from PinUp Girl Clothing. They had a sale and I purchased their adorable sailor top for about 75% off.

I purchased a beautiful red vintage party dress to attend the WWII Christmas Ball. It was my backup dress and lucky for me, it was lovely. I wish I had a better photo of the dress but I danced as often as I could so the majority of photos don't display the dress. The gloves were bought locally at Boss and the necklace was made by a local jeweler.



Lastly, I purchased a pair of handmade wool 1940’s swing trousers. They are made by Matusmi at allureoriginals (http://www.etsy.com/shop/allureoriginalstyles?ref=seller_info). Some day, maybe soon, I'll post a photo of me in them.



No comments:

Post a Comment