Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Outfit of the Day

This is my first try at outfit of the day. I am a late sleeper and typically I am pressed for time in the mornings.

This morning I had an extra 2 or 3 minutes so I thought I try to capture my outfit via my mobile phone. That was my first mistake. Never use a mobile phone (at least not mine) when you want a quality photograph. The second  mistake, the lighting is not conducive to good photography in my dressing room. And finally, my hair really has a mind of it's own when it first comes out of hot rollers. It looks a little like Medusa! (ha)


Anyway, today's outfit is for work. It's a beautiful pink, purple, blue, black, and white plaid dress. It needs to be hemmed to the knees but for now is mid calf length.


I tried to also capture my earrings, necklace, and great grandmother's sweater. The sweater can from an obvious place; my great grandmother's closet. The earrings and necklace are part of a 5 lb. vintage jewelry lot I won on EBay for $36.00. That was probably the steal of a lifetime.




You may notice that my makeup is very nude today. Well I scratched my eye and so I can't wear eye makeup for a  few days. Lesson learned: No matter how tired you are, you are never so tired that you shouldn't remove your makeup before bed.

Baci!
HRF

5 comments:

  1. You look wonderful! I really love the plaid pattern on the dress. (I think your phone did a very good job considering) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dress reminds me of something I once owned, but I can't think what it was. I love the colours. Don't you love untamed newly curled hair? I always have to show it off too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you my kindred Aussie spirit? I thought my hair was the only one that gets Medusa-ish!

      Delete
    2. Oh no my dear, you're not alone! My hair goes totally haywire & sproings all over the place. Too much fun to play with to comb out!

      Delete