Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Outfit of the Day #2

If you follow this blog at all, you may have noticed that blue is my favorite color to wear. I think it looks great with my blue eyes as well as my pale skin tone.

So, I did a search today to discover my seasonal skin tone. Apparently, and unsurprisingly I might add, I am a winter. What is a winter?  Winter skin is cool and clear. Think of very stark and dramatic skin. Caucasians with very pale skin and dark hair will fall into this category as well. Winters look best in true white, true black, cool grays, navy blue, deep reds, bright pinks, jewel tones (emerald, royal blue, royal purple), and icy pastels. Colors to avoid include beige, orange, gold, brown and other washed out shades. Winter skin tone will look faded and ashy in these colors. [This pretty much kills my chances of looking great in the dress from last Fashion Friday.]

So, today's outfit is all complimentary to my seasonal skin tone so says the internet.

My dress is the Americana from Trashy Diva. I purchased it about a year ago. At that time it was on sale for $50.00. The only bummer is that the dress doesn't come with a belt.

Dress Photo from Trashy Diva Website (photo has now disappeared)

Fabric up close.



Ah accessories. I think they really make or break an outfit. Don't you?

Silver Bracelet from Greece

Blue beaded earring


Blue beaded single strand necklace

And here is the finally. Don't mind my chignon, I was lazy for work today!


I was kung-fu fighting the tree... don't judge me!

6 comments:

  1. I thought you were just teasing again with another picture of a wish-dress! You look fab in it and I really love that necklace.
    I want to see your dragonflies now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! It's my sweet kung-fu moves that do it for you I am sure!

      The earrings and necklace are also part of the 5 pound (2.2 kg) bag of vintage jewelry I picked up for $36. Still the steal of the year.

      Tattoo... check it out here (should be tattoo #55 in the url): http://www.patrickshackley.com/www.patrickshackley.com/Tattoo.html#55

      Hope that comes across.

      Delete
  2. Holy tattoo beauty Batman, its stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See... kindred spirits!

      It's about 3/4 of my back and left ribs. It was my first tattoo as well. I like to indulge.

      Delete
  3. loooooooove this dress! this colours are meant for you!

    http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw (*blushing*)thank you so much.

      That dress is wonderful and it was a total steal!

      Delete