Friday, June 15, 2012

Fashion Friday - 1940's

So this week’s Fashion Friday is inspired by the event I am going to tomorrow, the 1940's Ball.  It's a beautiful evening of music and dancing. This years theme is Casablanca, one of my favorite movies. I cannot wait to see the set design.








I have obviously purchased my dress for this event months ago. I won't reveal the details but expect a picture heavy post soon.

If I were rich and could have any dress I wanted for this event, these would be the six dresses I would choose from. That is correct, I did say six; I truly could not narrow it down to five and now you will see why.



A lovely and feminine custom made vintage 1940's dress. It a pale cream colored fabric with an overall grey art deco floral print, tight pin tuck at the neckline, and fully gored skirt for swing and shape. ($182.00).





A 1940’s black crepe gown  with tiny rhinestone bows. I adore the bows and the sweetheart neckline. ($765.00).





A 1930’s pale yellow tea length dress  in a soft semi-sheer thin cotton with a vividly colored novelty print, short scalloped sleeves, removable shoulder pads, delicate gatherings at the shoulders, scalloped edges at the neckline and down the front of the bodice, four covered yellow plastic buttons, and fabric belt. ($240.00).



A formal 1930’s hand embroidered rainbow floral motif dress on sheer black. The dress is two parts, the outer layer and a beautiful black under dress; the under dress is cut beautifully with heavy ruching in the shoulders. ($185.00)







1940’s white pique cotton dress with pink and yellow rose print, wide padded shoulders, notch neckline with white carved floral plastic buttons to the waist. ($200.00).






A darling 1940’s coral dahlia print rayon shorts romper with coordinating button down overskirt (swoon). ($265.00).






I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Baci Tutti
HRF

12 comments:

  1. Amazing dresses. I love the 1930's yellow one - SO pretty. That red one with the removable skirt is stunning, never seen one like that before. Lovely blog :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really loved those scalloped sleeves on the yellow dress don't you?

      I really would love to purchase that red romper and skirt. Two outfits in one!

      Delete
  2. the floral/black -- in LOVE. have the best time! xo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my... That 30's black/floral one is heavenly. WANT.Have a fun night! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely dresses! White one with flower pattern is my favorite. So sweet, so neat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my friend Tre's favorite too. Good for me, she's too small for it! Wait... that's a catty thing to say.

      Delete
  5. gorgeous dresses ... do you have money for one of these treasures? take no 4. i love pieces you can wear in several ways... a black dress and a coat could be nice for 185 bugs (still expensive).

    can't wait to see you wearing your dress you chose months ago for this event.

    http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the money - I'd have to go black/floral or red romper!

      Delete
  6. These fantastic frocks have me swooning - and wishing for a winning lottery ticket, oh my! :) I adore them all, but am especially drawn to the 1930’s hand embroidered rainbow floral motif dress on sheer black. 30s dresses rarely work with petite, curvy figure, but I think this one really would, which makes me pine for it all the more.

    Thank you very much for your lovely comment on my vintage outfit post today, sweet gal, I sincerely appreciate it.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite is also the 1930's hand embroidered rainbow floral motif dress on sheer black. Followed by the 1940’s coral dahlia print rayon shorts romper.

      I like to think both would look lovely on my short, curvy frame lol!

      Delete