Friday, June 29, 2012

Fashion Friday - Parasols

Happy Friday all!

You may not know this, but it has been over 100 F / 37.8 C in Colorado for over a week. It has been miserable. All I can think about is cooler temperatures and finding shade.

Tomorrow is the Vintage Swimsuit Contest (yes, I am extremely nervous) and it is supposed to be around 100 F again. What does a girl have to do to get some shade!

Today's feature will be all about parasol's for those hot, sunny days.

This 1940's Japanese paper parasol has a unique red floral print and traditional wooden handle. ($49.00) This parasol would go beautifully with my swimsuit and red heels. Oh well, a little too late now!





Vintage Japanese hand painted paper parasol. I love the cranes! ($35.00)




Two Japanese paper parasols. One green and one purple! ($161.99) I have never seen anything quite like these two.







WWII Japanese silk hand painted butterfly parasol with bamboo handle. ($49.95) I am not a huge fan of pink but I do love the hand painted flowers and butterflies enough to get past it.








Vintage Japanese silk parasol by Isetan. ($75.00) The lady selling this says it is from her grandmother's collection that she brought over after WWII. I love a little history with vintage items.





Well, that does it for today's Fashion Friday. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!


Baci tutii!
HRF

10 comments:

  1. oooooh, so beautiful!

    http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were definitely some affordable options out there. These are for FF though so they get to cost too much.

      Delete
  2. I went through a parasol phase and bought a bunch of them to use at Viva. The last time I used one at the car show (maybe 9 years ago) I almost took out more than one persons eyes! Its just too packed there now for a parasol and, to be honest, I dont go to the car show much anymore. I still think they are beautiful though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have one. I used it at VLV 15; I know exactly what you are referring to. I am pretty sure I was the @sshole that hit 100 people in the face with my parasol.

      Delete
  3. Oh i just adore that pink silk one.... so feminine & pretty. I do believe I'm receiving a parasol for my birthday next week... I'll be sure to show it off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky girl! Be gentle with it. I got a little rip in mine this weekend at the Pinup contest =(

      Delete
  4. My word that is roasty toasty! Despite our wintry rep, we're no strangers to sky high temps either, but it's still a little early in the year for the mercury to contemplate jumping that far north! (That would, of course, assume it stopped raining for, oh, at least a minute, one of these days!).

    Fantastic roundup of gorgeous parasols, I'm especially taken with the lovely pink silk one.


    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once upon a time I lived in Seattle so I can definitely relate to the rainy days that just never seemed to cease. I miss them during months like these in Colorado.

      I also really love the pink parasols; though my primary reason is for the wonderful handpainting.

      Delete