Happy Fashion Friday (or Saturday if you are in Australia)!
Today we are going to look at swimsuits. I need a little assistance with selecting a swimsuit to wear at the Vintage Swimsuit Competition. So any input is greatly appreciated.
I have decided to go vintage instead of reproduction because I am afraid that someone will show up in the same suit as me.
Here are the top five choices (or if you find something better just let me know).
1. My second favorite. 1950's floral pin-up playsuit! It is very versatile and can be worn with straps, as a halter, and strapless. There is a layered bullet design on bust. ($69.00)
2. 1950s blue rose ruched swimsuit. 100% cotton with a metal zipper up the back, modesty panel, gathered along the whole front and adjustable straps with 2 buttonholes for comfort AND style to the max!. Subtle petal bust detail and flexible boning inside the bra area. ($75.00)
3. Or maybe this is my second favorite. 1950's soft cream and blue knit swimsuit featuring a scoop neckline with a darted built-in bra bodice. The blue trims the neckline, arm openings, legs and down the front center of suit with a tie belt to nip the waistline. The shoulder straps have two button closures at the top. The backside has a deep plunging scoop. The suit is lined with nylon and the bottom has an extra silky nylon underwear layer on top. ($72.25)
4. 1950's Light Catcher swimsuit. Colors tan, brown black and cream. Gathered side and v neckline. Low cut back and skirted bottom. ($138.00)
5. My personal favorite: 1950s Rose Marie Reid chic black swimsuit with classic pinup styling. Skinny double shoulder straps, cross bodice, very wide gathered waist, elastic legs and skirted bottom. Metal back zipper and interior bra cup bodice. ($148.00)
If you were me, which one would you purchase?