Thursday, July 05, 2012

Dior 2012

One may correct assume from the title of this blog that I love two things:

1. Vintage fashion with a Rockabilly lean
2. Haute Couture

For those of you that didn't know, Paris Fashion week just concluded. One of my favorite "safe" designers of recent is the house of Dior. Anyone with their finger on the Haute Couture pulse can tell you that Dior has had some major controversy the last few years; the supposed endorsement of anorexia, the line inspired by the homeless, and the John Galliano Anti-Semitic rant. They've changed creative directors and designers.

I am personally in love with both the spring and fall 2012 lines under the new designer Raf Simons. He is known to be a minimalist and it shows in the both Dior lines. I think the looks are classic and yet have a modern twist to them.

What do you think of the Dior 2012 lines and new designer Raf Simons?




Spring 2012 - Ready to Wear Line









Spring 2012 - Couture Line - My personal favorite!!























Pre-Fall 2012 - Ready to Wear Line








Fall 2012 - Ready to Wear Line














Fall 2012 - Couture Line










11 comments:

  1. I love how wearable all those designs are. They are a lot more simple now without Galiano. His 2007 Spring collection is still my all time favorite though. I'm a sucker for Asian inspired anything! Heres a link for it.
    http://denica-fashion.buzznet.com/user/photos/john-galliano-christian-dior-spring/?id=5014849#id=5014834

    ReplyDelete
  2. The full fluffy skirts are just lovely & the full length gowns are breathtaking! I love that rich purple skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dior has always been from of my favourite fashion houses. From their earliest days (endless swoon over the icon New Look) to modern seasons, I always feel myself wishing many of their timelessly elegant looks could come home and live in my closet.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They had the YSL exhibit in Denver. I went to see it (obviously). My three favorite dresses were still the dresses that he designed while working for Dior. They were lovely.

      Delete
  4. I am also a fan of Dior, but then again any gal into the 40s and 50s must have a soft spot for them! ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, i love the dresses, especially the second, the red one! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That dress truly is divine. I love that it looks like a daydress but that it has beautiful evening fabric.

      Delete
  6. Oh, these dresses capture my beating heart... Dior, you create such marvellous creations... x

    ReplyDelete