Friday, July 27, 2012

Fashion Friday - Spiders


I have a fascination with spiders albeit more of an at a distance  type of fascination. They have such unique bodies and their webs are so lovely. My exception to the distance rule is definitely in regards to fashion. I own a gorgeous spider web brooch and it is one of my favorite pieces.

The first item is a B. Bernhard Spider Blouse (she is on a sabbatical currently form Etsy). Bernhard designs apparel inspired by her extensive collection of vintage hand painted blouses from the 1930's through the 1950's. The Itsy Bitsy blouse is recreated from a 1938 pattern in 100% ivory rayon. It has beautiful cap sleeves, ruched shoulders, and buttons up the back with mother of pearl shell buttons. The spider is made of large glass faceted gemstones and lies in wait in its sparkling web of jet black glass beading.







I love this 1920's Spider Mirrored Compact. It's looks a little worn but I think it is just lovely and unique. I've never seen anything like it before. ($97.00)





The next item is what I would consider to be a steal! A red velvet clutch with spider attached. This sweet little clutch will only cost you $19.00! I love the deep red of the velvet and the spider... oh that spider is delightful.






This spider pin is made of 18 karat gold, platinum, Mabe pearl, diamond, and pearl. It will break the bank though at $1,200.00.







The last item is a Hand Painted 1950's Rayon Crepe Hourglass Cocktail Dress by R&K Originals w Painted Spiderweb. It's a fabulous inky black rayon crepe 1950's hourglass cocktail dress by "R&K Originals - For The Girl Who Knows Clothes!" Completely lined bodice and back metal zipper with hook and eye closure. Great high neckline with pleating around the collar that radiates down onto the bust, very early 1950's in style. 3/4 length dolman style sleeves. Nipped wasp waist and hidden front-side pockets on the hips. Slim tapered pencil skirt with a flared kick pleat in the back that swooshes as you walk.

This dress was painted entirely by hand by Butch Wax Vintage owner, Miss Amanda Suter. All of the sequins and jewels were sewn on by hand as well, each sequin having a iridescent glass seed bead in the middle. The paint is especially for fabrics and can be laundered. The spiders' bodies are jewels. ($295.00)
I would have to squeeze into it but I personally think it would be worth it.





Do you have something that you find creepy but beautiful?


I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I am preparing my home for my guests; we are all attending Lindy on the Rocks 2012 the first weekend of August.

Baci Tutti!
HRF

10 comments:

  1. The inner Goth on me LOVES this! I may have to report the first top. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I have to show you my silver spider web bracelet. It opens up so you can put poison in it, just kidding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll keep my eyes posted to your 365!

      I like that your mind went straight to the dark poisoning lol!

      Delete
  3. Hi dear,

    You have a nice blog! Very interesting.
    If you want we could keep in touth folling each other.

    Xoxo
    Gabi K.

    http://garotasmais30.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yicketty yick. These are beautiful pieces but I will never love spiders. That black dress is absolutely divine.
    I've missed Fashion Friday! So glad to see it again. Chat soon! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so funny C!

      Oh I only love spiders in fashion. Real spiders creep me right out.

      Delete
  5. Spiiiders. I just... Ugh. I wish I could get over my fear of them because it's not logical, but they're so incredibly gross.
    And beautiful, as your post proves. So I guess I'll say yes please to spiders if they're made out of metal, painted or far far away from me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That spider blouse is phenomenal! I like...I like. Fun article, Wendi. :)

    ReplyDelete