Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Tiki-Takular Surf Party & Car Show

The Tiki-Takular Surf Party & Car Show was at the end of June. Negligent in my photo taking and recent blogging would be the understatement of the week.

So, at the end of June, my friends and I all headed to the Swimsuit Contest at the aforementioned event. I donned my lovely 1950's Rose Marie Red swimsuit (which fits more like a playsuit), vintage faux pearls, hair done in overdone miniature curls, and sky high red heels.

The event was relatively unattended due to the huge wildfires we were having in Colorado. Many girls that were registered in the contest didn't attend. One girl not being there is a drop out or a fluk but multiple girls not being there is a side effect of the largest wildfire in Colorado history less than five miles away from the event.

Anyway, to make a long story short, I came in second. The contest was based on audience applause and I went up against a local lady that was well into her 60's. What is a girl to do?

On with a few brief photos.

With a fellow contestant.


During the "pose off" with random items


Ditto


Laughing while answering a question


The voting and subsequent losing


I do hope that the upcoming swimsuit competition goes better. I think it will.

Baci Tutti!
HRF

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations on comign second, but more so on having the courage to enter! You look wonderful and like you are having a lot of fun. You've inspired me to be more brave. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was scary for me because I am afraid of crowds. I was sure that I was going to chick out and bail.

      You are a gorgeous gal and should always be brave!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations!! Your smile alone should be enough to have won though. You looked stunning! So glamorous, elegant and happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Solveig! I was so very nervous and I didn't know if that was going to read all over my face.

      Delete
  3. Cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute! Congratulations! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Blonde! It was fun. Scary but fun!

      Delete
  4. Ahhh, Rose Marie Reid! You look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that swimsuit was a lucky find. I am not the tiniest lady.

      Thank you so much for your sweet comment.

      Delete