Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Art Deco Furniture

My boyfriend and I have been looking for a new place to live the last few weeks and it has caused a sudden urge in me to have more art deco furniture. I started perusing Etsy and feel madly in love with some items that I stand no chance of affording; much like Fashion Friday's. I did, however, feel that they were just too beautiful not to share.

I know most of you are vintage clothing/jewelry enthusiast but what about your home. Is it decorated with vintage (no this doesn't really mean 1970's) furniture? Are you that lucky person that lives amongst gorgeous vintage furniture?

For me, Art Deco furniture is as beautiful as it can possibly get. There is something about the way they brought out the wood grains, the lines of the furniture, the mixture of metals and wood, it all just drives me wild. What era is your favorite for furniture? What draws you in?

Let's start with this astounding piece, a magnificent compact English Art Deco walnut bar. I'd purchase this in a heartbeat if it didn't cost $8,800.00. Wow, that is pricey.







The second item I came across was this gorgeous 1920's chandelier. Beautifully detailed brass and frosted molded glass with four hanging frosted turn down matching glass globes. Can you imagine that hanging over the bar above because I can.





Anyone that looks at this blog... um ever... knows that I am in love with makeup. It is truly the one thing that I can do well and it always makes me feel glamorous and put together. What I don't have currently is a real vanity. If I could afford one, this would probably be it. Thought this one would set me back $525.00 and I'd still have to find a seat.




With this last item, a lot of readers are going to ask themselves what I am thinking but this 1920's Alcazar gas stove makes me swoon. The colors, the style, just the whole darned thing. It's not that expensive at $725.00 considering what a new gas range will cost.





Tell me about the vintage items in your house. Where did you get them? What is your favorite piece?

Baci Tutti!
HRF

11 comments:

  1. You should check out thrift stores! I got this vanity at one for under $40 at one! http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ZWaVahtr3yg/TpiCFN1HcDI/AAAAAAAAArA/qRYV2l_JQWg/s320/vanity.jpg It's not in the best shape, but it's not in horrible shape either

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very nice and for $40... I think I am jealous.

      Delete
  2. I'm lucky my Father had been refinishing furniture for over 30 years, so I have tons of antiques in my house. He is currently refinishing a built in buffet that was removed from a house, it has a matching mirror and when my Father removed the mirror to refinish the frame a sticker on the back read 1907 Chicago. We are going to be using this piece as an entertainment center. I'm lucky I have a Dad who gives my lot's of goodies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Talk about luck! You'll have to take some pictures one of these days.

      Delete
  3. That vanity is gorgeous! I've never had one, and it is truly the one piece that I would love to have, one of these days...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I really need on. I have a ridiculous new "vanity" that came with my bed. Ummmm it's not ideal. Let's just leave it at that.

      Delete
  4. Oh my...that furniture is amazing! I am so upset that I cannot buy any furniture-- I will be moving countries (again!) in about a year's time. I can't wait to have a permanent base and start collecting antiques (at least those that the wallet allows me to buy).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the reason I don't have more antiques is because they are so expensive and because moving from Italy to America didn't allot me the ability.

      Delete
  5. You can buy a dressing table almost identical to this at the Oven Fork Mercantile in Eastern Kentucky. Price isn't nearly as high and the dresser comes with the chair :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely hold that for me then for my next trip home... now to transport it back to Colorado!

      Delete
  6. Great blog! I love this Vintage Dressing Table which looks very stunning and exquisite. This type of art deco furniture adds luxurious and elegance to family treasure.

    ReplyDelete