Friday, August 03, 2012

Fashion Friday - Hollywood Version


Hollywood is such a beautiful and glamorous ideal. Women with access to couture labels, personal stylist, and borrowed million dollar jewelry. A place where all the women are stunning and pampered. The ideal is romantic.

Sadly, the ideal in my overly glamorous mind and the reality are not cohesive. The reality is much less enchanting and, from my prospective, less handsome. Many of the actresses wear clothing akin to what one would see on a twenty year old club girl. I’m not passing judgment on what anyone would wear. Rather I am questioning why anyone would wear something like that when they could be wearing couture and look original and alluring.

There are a few Hollywood women who do choose to wear couture and present themselves the way that I would if I had access and money (or just knew the right people). So for Fashion Friday, I found a few beautiful dresses I would purchase/wear from couture labels if I could. They have all currently been worn by an actress on the red carpet.


The first dress is the Reese Flared Box-Pleat Dress designed by Alice + Olivia. It is the only dress I found with a price tag ($495.00). I adore the contrasting floral pattern and the low cut  back.






The next dress is from the Chanel Resort 2013 collection and designed by Karl Lagerfield. It's an absolutely gorgeous baroque embroidered dress. I can't get over the hips on this dress or the embroidery. And for those shoe loving girls, like myself, did you see the Christian Louboutin Just Picks pump? Wow!







The next two dresses are both from the Christian Dior Fall 2012 Couture collection by designer Raf Simmons. You may even remember both dresses from my Dior post.

The first dress is a light pink strapless dress with dreamy square pockets. I love the dress on Jessica Biel but dislike the way the dress was styled. The Tom Binns necklace and earrings are far too over the top for this dress. 




Marion Cotillard donned a strapless dress with an textured orange top, printed skirt, and gold metal waistband/belt. She also accessorized with red Dior heels and clutch.







I am not normally a fan of exact matching your shoes to your clothing. I think it normally turns out looking a little too 1980's. I will say though, that this signature Dolce & Gabbana strapless dress with full skirt and sweetheart neckline and matching D&G pumps works beautifully!





This next dress is a tan and red off the shoulder cape paneled dress by Giambattista Valli from the Pre-Fall 2012 line.







Dita Von Teese, the one woman on this list that always embraces her glamorous side, wearing an absolutely breathtaking gown from the Jenny Packham Spring 2012 line. I cannot begin to imagine the amount of time it took to sew on all of those beautiful beads to a lace gown. Wow, just wow!





I think that this blue mini floral silk organza embroidered Oscar de la Renta Resort 2013 dress needs a belt to finish the look (like it is on the runway version) but the dress is fabulous regardless.






This last dress makes me absolutely swoon. The Heller 1950's Belle Bustier with turned-up lapels and crisscross straps that complement her Erye high-waisted skirt from the Spring 2012 line. The colors and patterns drive me wild with envy.




Would you wear any of these couture dresses if price were not a contributing factor?

Have a beautiful weekend.

Baci Tutti!
HRF

14 comments:

  1. I most definitely would wear a few of these gowns myself, if price weren't a factor. I especially love both of the Dior dresses, the Jenny Packham on Dita (she ALWAYS looks impeccable), and that last two-piece by The Hellers. My absolute favorite though would have to be the D&G full skirt red velvet dress that Katy's wearing. Its simply perfect.

    Love this post and all of the couture eye-candy!


    xoxo Coco
    Fancy Drew

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Dita, Dita, Dita... the most impeccable woman in Hollywood.

      There is something to be said for Dior. That haus is good at picking designers with a classic eye.

      Delete
  2. Ooooh I LOVE that red one Katy Perry is wearing. Is it velvet? Because it should be. Also, I want her purple hair.
    Agree re the styling on the pink one. She needs her hair up (or half up) and less clodhoppery shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is in velvet. Both her dress and her shoes.

      Delete
  3. I'd wear that Katy Perry one and the orange strapless top and skirt in a heartbeat.

    Katy Perry looks TDF in that one, like a vintage Barbie doll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that "Vintage Barbie". So true!

      Delete
  4. Very nice, I would have to say Katy's is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really lovely isn't it? Her stylist did a great job with that ensemble.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello sweety=))) u have amazin fashion blog=))) so ive add u for dis award: http://girlys-world.blogspot.com/2012/08/liebster-award.html#comment-form

    have a lovely week dear=)) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was so sweet of you. Thank you so much.

      Delete
  7. LOVE the orange strapless top and skirt! I'd rock that all day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could totally see you in that outfit Natalie.

      Delete
  8. So hot dresses. I am loving the box- pleat dress and the white one. So attractive and fashionable . I love fashionable all dresses. And the stars choices. I love to see the stars fashionable dresses. I also love burberry trench coat

    ReplyDelete