Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Hot Rod Ho-Down

Over the weekend, a very dear friend of mine celebrated her birthday.

Me with aforementioned birthday girl. Happy Birthday again M!


She had opted for a trip to Colorado Springs for The Hot Rod Ho-Down. There were four bands, a DJ, cars, cars, more cars, dancing, a pin up girl contest, and some of the best burlesque I have ever seen.




I slept in late that morning and had about twenty minutes to get ready. Please ignore my lazy style.



Our oh so fabulous photographer in the middle, Ms. Amanda J




Oh this car makes me want to cry it was so beautiful


I hope you all did something fun over the weekend.

Baci Tutti!
HRF

11 comments:

  1. Looks like you all had so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is some old adage that says something along the lines of "If you are lucky enough to have good friends, you are lucky enough". I would have to agree fully with that.

      Delete
  2. I was in the booth right behind you, later that evening, in the peachy-pink s/s western shirt and Indian-print full skirt with Acme boots! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What! I wish I had known you were there. We could have actually met up.

      Delete
    2. Trinnie, one of the organizers, is a long-time BFF! I didn't come early for the car show, just later in the afternoon.

      Delete
  3. You look truly amazing. True glamour needs no preparation. What a fun time, I wish I'd been there. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet. I miss you. Where have you gone?

      Delete
  4. I'm jealous! It looked like so much fun, and you look incredible! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happiest birthday wishes to your dear friend from a fellow summer born gal! You both look absolutely beautiful and like you have having such a blast!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She and I are only 2 days apart on our birth days. Sounds like you and I are also summer born gals!

      Delete