Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Tiki Vintage Hairstyle

The Voodoo Island 1950's Tiki Ball is five days away and boy am I excited and so terribly nervous!  

Can you see the difference between my normal smile and
this one? This would be my nervous smile.

Have I ever told you that I get debilitating stage fright? My knees get weak, I feel like I am going to faint, my palms get sweaty, I have a hard time smiling, and it's as if my voice is going to crack with every word out of my mouth. It is both embarrassing and exhilarating.

Anyway, with the event so very close I am deciding on my hairstyle for the pinup contest and I thought we'd have a little reader feedback on my final three choices. Here they are. Submit your choice to me before Saturday morning.

1. The first choice comes from Call Me Lucille's blog. She is an amazing hairstylist in England. She found the below picture and I have been in love with the style ever since I saw it on her blog. I love that it unique and I know that no one else will be styled like her.




2. The second choice is the oh so stunning and classic Rita Hayworth. I am sure there will be someone else there with a similar style but how can you argue with a style so beautiful.


3. The last choice is from Vintage Vandalizm, who is about the cutest thing I have ever seen. She is sporting one of my favorite styles, the pompadour.



So what do you think? What is your favorite look? Remember this look will go with a Hawaiian sarong dress and a surprise DeWeese swimsuit.

Baci Tutti!
HRF

10 comments:

  1. I say go with one of the up do's. I prefer the 3rd one because if you add a bunch of flowers, and maybe even glasses like in the pic, you will stand out. I love the Rita but I'm sure it will be hot there and the curls might not stay. Plus if its windy it will just be a mess! With your hair up it will be one less thing to worry about!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You make some very valid points. I have a lovely flower arrangement from Steve Roca as well.

      Delete
  2. I vote for #1. It is cool and a little wacky (that's my favorite part)!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it for that same reason! =)

      Delete
  3. I really like the look of flowing locks (or at a half-up/half-down look) when it comes to tropical/tiki themed dresses, as it calls to mind images of beautiful Hawaiian and Polynesian girls with their long, dark hair flowing in the warm breeze. As such, I'd be very inclined to go with a Rita Hayworth/Veronica Lake inspired wavy 'do.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more. It makes the choice so very hard.

      Delete
  4. Hello!
    Hmmm it's a difficult choice, but I'd vote for no.1.
    Maybe I have been influenced by the pic on the beach he,he anyway I think it's the best one for a Tiki style.
    Love,
    Lorena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been practicing number 1 with my girlfriend and I'll say, it was harder to do than it looks.

      Delete
  5. Tough choice, but I vote for number 3 - I think that style will look fabulous on you! xx

    ReplyDelete