Tuesday, September 04, 2012

1950's Tiki Ball & Miss Voodoo Pinup Contest

Happy Tuesday everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

The 1950's Tiki Ball and Miss Voodoo Pinup Contest were this weekend. I didn't win the contest; it was a fair loss as far as I am concerned. Regardless of the contest results, it was a wonderful event. I was lucky enough to meet one of my readers at the event. I was so ridiculously excited to meet her that I didn't catch her name. If she is reading this now, it was so wonderful to meet you. Sorry I was a blabbering fool, I was just so excited!

Anyway, let us get on with the picture heavy post.

Here are pictures of my absolutely stunning Deweese swimming suit. Seriously, how lucky of a find?




My hair was done by my wonderful girlfriend Marie. We opted for hairstyle number one from the blog post last week. What do you think? I think she did a fabulous job.




My hair flowers were all designed by Steve el Roca (Uncle Fetzer's Flowers). He makes masterpieces. If you need his information just let me know.

If you are curious about how tongue tied and nervous I was, here is a video for you to see exactly how it went.

A video of the contest.

And now, a million pictures from the event.




























The gal in the red suit (far right) won the competition.


I hope you had a great weekend!

Baci tutii
HRF

14 comments:

  1. You looked great! I love your hair, and that bathing suit and dress are soooo pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I really loved the way my hair turned out.

      Delete
  2. hello! glad to see you at the tiki contest:) Your hairstyle looked gorgeous:) I was right with the choice:D
    Love,
    Lorena Be-Bop

    ReplyDelete
  3. You looked great! I love the way the hair turned out! I entered one pin up contest once many, many years ago and I will never do it again. I have horrible stage fright!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As weird as it sounds, the larger the crowd the easier it is for me. When there are a lot of people, they kind of melt into a sea of colors for me.

      You should definitely try another time. You have a great wardrobe and a cute figure!

      Delete
  4. Aaaw! I think your look was the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My stars, do you all look so incredibly pretty and (uber) stylish! I adore your suit (and hair!), and completely commend you on entering this contest (I think I'd way wayyyyy to shy and self-conscious to be that daring).

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep telling myself, "You'll never be younger than you are today so go ahead and just do this contest".

      Delete
  6. I was excited to meet you (I was the woman who said she hadn't posted a comment yet). You looked great! Is there a tutorial for how you and your friend styled your hair?

    Mary Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary Beth,

      It was so wonderful to meet you as well! Sorry I was a blubbering idiot.

      I think she and I will definitely do a hair tutorial... stay tuned!

      Delete
  7. Wow you look beautiful and your hair turned out great! Looks like a fun event!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was super fun. I wasn't as nervous as I thought I was going to be.

      Delete