Friday, October 19, 2012

Fashion Friday - Lilli Ann Coats

I could not move on from Lilli Ann before delving into the beautiful range of coats Adolph Schuman produced. For as beautiful as his suits are, his coats are maybe more so.

I had started looking last week at all the breathtaking outwear choices. My absolute favorite sold between last Friday and today. What can one expect otherwise? Heartbreak for me and jealously for whomever was lucky enough to purchase this beauty.


1950's Lilli Ann red wool swing coat with fox fur trim.

This Paris-made wool-mohair blend coat features a delicious, full swing silhouette for ease and style. In a wonderful winter palette of red and silver fox, this piece is iconic and timeless. Tiered fox fur trim at the cuffs, welt hip pockets, and an inviting satin lining complete the package.
 

So, what is currently available?


1. A cream colored mohair-wool swing coat with satin lining. It may have the most fantastic rhinestone collar that I have ever seen. I realize those same rhinestones make the scarf feature less than ideal but I don't care. ($199.99)

 
1950's cream Lilli Ann mohair swing coat with sparkly rhinestone details




2. A simple but beautiful purple mohair swing coat. The coat has the same Paris label as the fox fur lined coat above. The coat has raglan sleeves and an over sized collar. ($155.00).


1950s purple Lilli Ann mohair swing coat


3. I'll be honest with you, this coat is all about the collar for me. I love mint green as much as the next girl but oh my the criss-cross / bow collar on this coat is the umph factor for me. ($250.00)

1950's Lilli Ann green mohair coat

 4. The last coat is probably going to be a big favorite with you ladies. How could someone not love this blue polka dot coat? While it is absolutely lovely, I'd still go for the rhinestone collared coat above as my first choice. ($895.00)



1950's Lilli Ann polka dot mohair coat




Now, I already know one of you lucky ladies out there owns a Lilli Ann trench, Mrs. Technicolor Cutie (check out her great style and blog here: Technicolor Cutie), but do any of you other fine ladies have the good fortune to don a Lilli Ann as the weather gets cooler?


Baci Tutti!
HRF

10 comments:

  1. What a great designer! That is the one thing I don't own maybe one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto. I really would love to have #3, the mint green coat. I just adore the neckline.

      Delete
  2. Lovely, lovely. lovely. I was surprised by the amount of suits that went up on ebay this past week. There were some beauties! I could have taken them all but they all went high. I bought one late 40's coat off of ebay because I thought it was such a good deal and looks fabulous in the pictures. They noted it was in near mint condition. I'm waiting for it to arrive:) I also have the vintage ad to match, so I can't wait:)) It's difficult to buy coats off the internet because some of the time they can have odors and it's takes a bit of effort to try and get rid of them.
    Love all these fabulous posts on Lilli Ann:)
    http://dividingmoments.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and your lovely Lilli Ann clothing!

      I have found that a reliable dry cleaner makes all the difference in the world when it comes to the musty/mothball smells.

      Delete
  3. BTW, I agree with you I love the polka dot coat the best:) Just wish it was a lot cheaper:)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! Over $800. Wow, I can't even imagine paying that for one item.

      Delete
  4. How could anyone NOT love that gorgeous red wool coat? Just lovely. My second preference is the purple one (of course!) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That purple swing coat is the coat of my dreams! Only I live in Australia and it's summer now so not the best time to be looking at coats :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Between you and The Grande Dame, I am not sure who loves that purple coat more. It is a beauty though. Wait until it's your winter because it will be our summer and will most likely go on sale at that time.

      Delete