Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Mad Hatter Garden Party


Sorry for my three week absence. I moved at the beginning of October and it has been ridiculously busy at work for weeks. Since I have been unable to really window shop for Fashion Friday's. Instead I thought I would share pictures from the Mad Hatter Garden Party I went to at the end of September; it was held at the Denver Botanical Gardens. There was croquet, tea, cakes, and a gorgeous garden setting. My girlfriend and I decided to dress up in modern character. She went as the March Hare and I decided to go as the Red Queen. My choice was based completely upon the fact that I adore the Queen's makeup in the newest movie installation (the one by Tim Burton). So yes, my makeup is weird and over the top. Gluing down ones eyebrows with a stick of glue and a knife is a good indication that things are going to look bizarre. 







A lady must have gloves while playing croquet even if she must loose her shoes.

Winning team!



I think croquet may be my new favorite game. It was truly a blast.


Do you enjoy doing a more avante garde type of makeup and style on special occasions?

Baci Tutti!
HRF

6 comments:

  1. This looks like a really fun event! I love your dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is from Pinup Girl Clothing.

      Delete
  2. Your costume and make-up is so immensely fun, beautiful and creative! I want to get more experience with costume makeup under my belt, but my costume this year (it's a surprise...for the moment) doesn't really call for it. Perhaps next year I need to plan for something more whimsical like this amazing look!

    Thank you sweetly for all of your lovely blog comments today, honey, I sincerely appreciate them and hope you're having a fantastic autumn!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did Olive Oyl last year for Halloween. For this year, I was thinking about turning myself into a doll with a windup on my back.

      Delete
  3. Yay you're back too! That dress is amazing and you look fantastic! It sounds like such a fun day.

    ReplyDelete