Thursday, November 15, 2012

1940's Christmas Ball - I'm In!!!

Yikes! I have been missing in action once again. I'll get to that tomorrow for Fashion Friday... I promise!

For today, I just wanted to share a few pictures and some good news. I was selected for the 1940's Starlet Competition for the 1940's Christmas Ball. Not only did I make top ten but so did my girlfriend Tre, who probably has more pictures on this blog than I do.



And here is another one of her


A lot of you are probably asking yourself, what the heck is the 1940's Christmas Ball. "It is a fabulous 1940’s & 1950’s holiday party that will bring back all the warmth & nostalgia of a more simple time! Experience an enchanting evening of dancing w/ your sweetheart (or meet one!), amidst WWII planes, vehicles and artifacts, movie set lights & props, re-enactors, sleighs, Christmas trees, a canopy of lights & The Hot Tomatoes--one of the most sought after big bands!

Enjoy re-enactments from the timeless movie, “White Christmas,” watch Bing, Danny and Haynes Sisters sing “Snow,” or visit Scrooge and the ghosts of Christmas past, present and future! Listen to Bing Crosby and The Andrews Sisters sing with our Big Band! Get ready for our Pearl Harbor Tribute with Polynesian Fiafia!"

 
I went last year and wore a gorgeous red taffeta and chiffon 1950's prom dress. I did feel a little out of place because the majority of attendees were in 1940's attire.

1950's Prom Dress (excuse the sideways belt and the expression)


So this year, I decided to go with a 1930's or 1940's dress. I have hopes of sewing my own dress for the competition from a 1940's pattern but we will see how that all pans out. If it doesn't, that will be fine because I have a truly spectacular back up outfit. By backup, I mean I was going to wear it as my first choice if I didn't make top ten in the starlet competition. For that matter, I still might.

 
1940's Novelty print peplum dress

Miss L Fire

Did you notice that these birds match the birds on the dress?

So wrong and yet so right.

Anyway, I hope you are all having a wonderful day. See you all tomorrow for Fashion Friday... you'll finally find out what in the world I have been up to now.

Baci Tutti!
HRF

12 comments:

  1. You look amazing in that red dress... Looking forward to seeing your 40's outfit (if you don't go with your back-up that is!) I hope you wear that fox either way, foxy is my favourite fur. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The foxy is going to the ball no matter what!

      Delete
  2. How fun! I can't wait to see pictures. You look fabulous and also look like you are having the greatest of times. I wish there was something like this near where I live:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do love to dance!

      Nothing similar in upstate?

      Delete
  3. You look beautiful! I want to go to a ball like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you =) Nothing like this in Toronto?

      Delete
  4. I just saw the Facebook post that listed you as a contestant. We're going! Look forward to seeing you there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yah! I hope to see you there as well

      Delete
  5. Congratulations! This looks like a really fun event! That outfit you have planned looks fab - I have been drooling over those Miss L Fire shoes for a while now! Have fun! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      It is such a fun event.

      These Miss L Fire shoes were definitely a splurge. Particularly since they are more expensive in the US because of the shipping!

      Delete
  6. Loved the outfit that you wore last year! No matter if most folks were sporting 40s styles, you looked to-die-for gorgeous in your red 50s prom/party style dress, and I think it's the kind of piece that really lends itself well to a night of energetic dancing like that.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a lucky last minute find last year.

      I have a 1940's Prom Dress for earlier in the evening/dancing before I put on my stage outfit.

      Delete