Friday, December 21, 2012

Fashion Friday - Christmas

It is almost Christmas and I have caught a cold or something. Blerg. So fashion friday will be the closest I get to actual shopping for a few days.
 
I was perusing Etsy when I came across my dream dress for Christmas... you know if I was about three inches tinier everywhere. But here she is because everyone should rejoice in her beauty.
 
 
Are you feeling festive yet?
 
 

So what would I wear for Christmas this year if I was rich? Let's start with this hat.
 

It even has a bow!
 

Something else I'd love to wear on Christmas is this 1940's pink crocheted dress. The flowers on it are - plainly put - breathtaking and unique. Why can't this dress be under my tree on Christmas day?
 
 
 

A great party dress for Christmas is this 1950's green taffeta dress. I love the wreath-like rhinestones and the romance color.
 

 
 

I know what you will say about my next choice and yes it does look very, very similar to a dress I currently own. That doesn't mean that I wouldn't scoop this beauty up too. It's such a timeless look.




While we are shooting for a Christmas dream, I'd like to be somewhere warm, without a cold, drinking Mai Tai's, and wearing this!!! And yes, it does need that many exclamation points.




For Christmas, I am hoping to spoil myself with a black pair of the Miss L Fire Streamlined shoes. Another splurge but they would be great for Denver weather.
 
 

 





What are you wishing for this Christmas?

Baci Tutti!
HRF

10 comments:

  1. I tried to get motivated enough to sew a dress for Christmas..... Never happened, lol. Maybe next year.

    Those are all lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also was trying to motivate myself to sew a nice dress for the holidays/NYE... never came to fruition!

      HRF

      Delete
  2. Oooooh I can totally see you in either of the green dresses! The second one is especially drool-worthy. I can't believe you're sick... I hope you improve before Christmas Day! All I'm wishing for is not to eat too much :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! I should come to Australia and wear the second green dress.

      HRF

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I do love Miss L Fire. Their A/W 12 line is my favorite to date.

      HRF

      Delete
  4. I had that red hat in my favorites too:) It sold quite fast!! I'm on the look out for a good tilt hat when I do I need to not be indecisive as they seem to sell fast:) I was also ready to hit the BIN on a pair of Remix shoes on ebay and wouldn't you know ...I get my hopes up buy them and they end up not having them in stock! Oh well, time to put the Remix back on the want list:)
    The first dress is beautiful. I hope you are able to get one of these find dresses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sold sooooo fast! It really is a beauty though.

      I am really hoping to get the little crocheted dress.

      HRF

      Delete
  5. Sooo much amazingness! I particulary love that little crochet dress though, it's so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely love that crochet dress. I think it was my favorite.

      HRF

      Delete