Friday, December 28, 2012

Fashion Friday - New Years

For New Years Eve this year, I am going to be going to a "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" theme party. So as you can imagine, I will look a lot like this:




Most of my friends are going to a 1920's themed benefit gala for NYE and I really wish I was able to go with them. If I were and if I had an unlimited budget this is what I would be wearing.

This vintage 1920's deep royla blue silk dress with colorful floral velvet appliques, drop waist, ruffled hem that is longer in the back and shorter in the front.




These 1930's I. Miller sapphire blue satin peeptoe heels with small rhinestones and ankle straps.





I'd absolutely have to have this amazing hat.





This art deco sapphire bracelet.




A girl has to stay warm in these cold months so I would wear this gorgeous 1930's Hutcheson Furs & Fashions mink fur coat.





What are your NYE plans? What will you be wearing?

Baci Tutti!
HRF

6 comments:

  1. You know it's eerie how you and I have a lot of similar tastes lol. The dress is just beautiful and it's funny that you picked this particular hat as I was literally drooling over all her hats yesterday and she has this fabulously designed one that I have in my favorites on Pinterest. I'm hoping it's you who nabbed those beautiful silk shoes...so lovely! The dress goes perfectly with those shoes! I think you need to be one of those professional shoppers for vintage clientele:) Wouldn't this be a great job?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been drooling over her hats for months. She is killing me with them!

      I wish that it had been me that nabbed those shoes, sadly I lost out.

      OMG would that not be a dream job?!

      Delete
  2. I actually can't wait to see your Hitchhiker's costume! I love that film. The blue of the 20' dress is fantastic. Usually dresses from that era seem to be in muted tones, so this one is just beautiful.
    I don't do anything for NYE so I guess I'll be wearing my pj's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was still sick so sadly, I stayed home on the couch nursing my cold.

      Delete
  3. The 1920s outfit you put together here is so, so beautiful! That really has to be one of the most marvelous floral printed dresses from that decade I've ever seen.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could not believe how beautiful and well preserved that dress is!

      Delete