Wednesday, January 09, 2013

New Year's Resolution No. 2

My second New Year's 2013 resolution is to dance more. More jive, more jitterbug, more lindy hop, and learn more shag and maybe some balboa. In particular, I want to work on my jive since VLV 16 is just around the corner. My frequent dance partner Michael wants to enter the VLV jive competition and though I have my reservations, we will end up gracing the dance floor. So at a minimum of two days a week for two hours each session, Michael and I will be practicing jive until it looks refined (like these fine people in the video below).

Last Saturday night, in keeping with my jive refinement resolution, I headed out with friends to dance the night away to Tommy Price and the Stilettos. They are from San Diego and just relocated to Denver; a complete and total win for Denver!
The band was fantastic and Tommy is so good he goes outside to play and smoke but never misses a beat. It's insane!
Tommy outside smoking and playing while the band plays on inside

My eyes are closed but it is still such a good photo




Nat is such a good dancer and she is learning to led... and doing a great job at it!


Nat & I obviously think alike a little
  







Baci Tutti!
HRF

12 comments:

  1. This is one of my resolutions too! So far, so good... :)

    I will be sure to cheer you on at the jive contest! I entered 2 years ago, and realised that I just find dance competitions too nerve-wrecking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope that means you will be at VLV 16 for sure! I'd love to meet up if you are.

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh. I LOVE this resolution. I might just have to add this to my list of things to do ;) <3

    ConstantlyAlice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it! It is so much fun. One of the things I really love about dance is that you are having such a brilliant time you forget you are really working out.

      Delete
  3. Hello hrf! it's a lovely resolution on condition that you can enjoy listening to the music you love:)
    I didn't know about this band, they're superb!

    Love your outfit too :)

    Lorena xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are new to Denver but we are really enjoying having them!

      Thanks! The shirt was made by NudeeDudee on Etsy.

      Delete
  4. Thats so funny that the Stilettos moved to Denver! I had no idea. I think Fernando's band is taking over a weekly gig they had going here, so now it all makes sense.

    Excited to hear you will enter the Jive contest! I wonder if Tyler will make another appearance now that Emma is going. Hopefully this years competition won't be as controversial as last years...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope Tyler enters with Emma. But with last year and Emma having her baby so close to VLV... we'll see.

      Delete
  5. Wow, how cool do all those people look dancing? I will make VLV one day but I don't think I will dancing as good as these people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as you are having fun that is what ruly matters!

      Delete
  6. Hi, I noticed your jeans in one of these pictures and they look similar to mine. Mine are Nicole Katherine Designs and I really loved the way they looked, but the fit was horrible on me. If yours are NKD, how do you feel about them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them BUT I need to have the legs and butt taken in about 4 inches in both areas and the waist by about 2 inches. They were supposed to fit a 29/30 inch waist but I'd say it's definitely closer to a 31 inch waist. Plus the start of the inseam MUST be brought up about 4 inches. It looks like my lady area starts mid thigh. Terrible. Go with Freddies instead!

      Delete