Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Liebster Blog Award 2.0

Jordan from Jordan's Vintage Kitchen nominated me for a Liebster Award. I'm glad she did because now I am cued into her blog!



It's a two part award: First, I get to nominate five other bloggers who have under 200 followers (not to be repeated from the first time I received the Liebster Blog Award) and second to answer a few questions.


Here are my nominees (though I wish I could have doubled the number):

  1. Joanna at Dividing Vintage Moments is so darned divine with her classic vintage style. I absolutely love her.
  2. Mr. Tiny at Wacky Tacky can sew! He is enviously good. He also goes on these fantastic adventures and blogs about them. Trust me, he's great.
  3. Technicolor Cutie has some of the best outfits I have seen. She also is a hairstylist and so her hair will make you jealous.
  4. Doll in Sugar Coma has an appropriately named blog. She is so beautiful that she reminds me of a doll. Her fashion is on point and she is ever so sweet.
  5. Ruby Armoire hairstyles are absolutely killing me! I don't know where she gets the inspiration everyday but she is inspiring me and will inspire you.


Now, on with the questions...


1. Why did you start blogging?

I started blogging because of peer pressure! Two of my girlfriends thought it would a great idea for me to start a fashion blog (they even helped me come up with my blog name). I thought they were crazy but decided to give it a shot.

These are the culprits.


2. What item to you feel is essential to every wardrobe?

A great pair of classic black heels that you can wear with almost every outfit. 


Re-Mix Ritz Heels



3. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?

I have been very, very lucky to have traveled a lot during my twenties. I lived in Naples Italy (Napoli Italia) for three years; I would truly classify those years as the luckiest years of my life. I will be returning in the spring of 2014 to my hearts home and couldn't be happier about it.

My home in Napoli

The view from my home (sigh), I miss it so very much


Outside of that I would literally like to travel everywhere. Australia, Thailand, China, Russia, Iceland, Brazil, etc. These places would be the tip of the iceberg.

I truly believe that you’ll never regret the things you did and the places you visited, only those that you didn't. 


4. What is the best item you've ever purchased?

I must pick my navy blue with white polka dot wiggle dress. It's has white sequined neckline, bow back, and a train. It is over-the-top and yet simple. It can be dressed up or down and look elegant. It was one of my first real vintage pieces and has been a mainstay since.







5. What is your dream job?

My dream job would be doing anything that made a positive difference in someone else's life. Preferably something outdoors as well.


6. What are your favorite blogs to read?

I read well over a hundred blogs and I won't bore you with all of their names. They all offer something to me as the reader and I enjoy each one immensely.


7. Who is your style icon?

I am opting to skip this question as I answered one very similar last week during my 21 Vintage Lifestyle Questions & Answers.


Baci Tutti!
HRF

3 comments:

  1. Aww, thanks for the nomination. It's funny because I am in the process of doing this entry too! I nominated you too!!! I love your blog and style. If you lived closer, I'm sure we'd be meeting at vintage shops for eye candy delight. Are you moving to Italy? This is also one place on my wish list. I am with you that it is such a great experience to travel and see as many places as you can. I used to travel a lot by myself before I had kids and a husband because I always thought to myself that you can't wait for others to create your own opportunities...you have to get out there and see things for yourself. When I was a lot younger, I used to admire the spirit of these backpackers that would hike through Europe. I guess this is one thing I missed out on but I had so many other great adventures:) Thanks for sharing all these interesting tid bits. I really enjoy reading your blog, vintage pal:)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree, a great pair of black heels is a true wardrobe must. I have basic black flats, pumps, oxford-esque shoes, and evening heels, so that no matter what the event, my feet are (literally :)) covered.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete