Friday, March 01, 2013

Fashion Friday - Border Prints

It has truly been awhile since I have felt inspired enough to do a Fashion Friday. Last Saturday, one of the local television stations in Denver was playing a variety of Academy Award winning movies. I happened to turn the television on just in time to start watching Roman Holiday from the very beginning.

I know that Audrey Hepburn is the star of this movie but I find her fashion to be a little stuffy and maybe too regal for me (yes, even me). I did, however, find a few dresses that I loved and one in particular. In the video below, at the 0:11 mark, you'll see a lovely lady walk past Gregory Peck in a beautiful border print dress. As soon as I saw her all I could think about was how much I want a border print dress or skirt.




If you have ever shopped for border print, you know first hand they are very difficult to find. This is even more true if your waist is more than 26 inches. If you happen to find one that you can afford and that will fit you, do not hesitate in your purchase. To that end, here is an example of me snoozing and then loosing...



Now for some that are available (though mostly financially unattainable)...


1. For those ladies with a 27 to 28 inch waist, a lovely Fleur de Lis and nautical themed border print skirt.

Source



2. This absolutely stunning and completely unattainable 29.5 inch waist sarong dress and bolero combination (go ahead and let your jaw drop and then cry about the price.... I already did). 




3.   Tiny waist ladies, 24 inches, this border print skirt is for you. (Does this print look really, really familiar??)

Source



4. A spring floral border print dress for ladies with a 28 inch waist.

Source



Are you lucky enough to own a border print or two?

Baci Tutti!
HRF

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, LOVE these prints! I am such a sucker for novelty prints, it's not even funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow there are some gorgeous prints here. I've been lucky to find some vintage border print fabric that i can make in m measurements. Although I would love have some of these great outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sarong dress is lovely, but I think $600 is WAY too much for a dress made in the 70s!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them all! I have a couple skirts but I would love to have a dress or two...or three. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love noticing things like that in films. Sadly I think my favourite is the one you missed out on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love border prints and novelty prints so much! I know what you mean about them always being tiny waist sizes...I have two cuties about to go into my Etsy shop and their both too small for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of these are fantastic!!! I love that last one, but it's too big, and the skirt with the islander print is too big! I can't win for losing. The dress with the bolero is pretty awesome!!

    Jordan
    http://jordansvintagekitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete