Monday, April 22, 2013

Hat Birthday Party & OOTD

I have been so overwhelmed trying to edit all of my VLV 16 photos and try to get them posted; please pardon my tardiness just a little longer.

In the meantime, I wanted to do a very short outfit / weekend post. Sunday held the hat-required-birthday party of a dear friend and cohort, Mr. T-Burd (featured below on the left with the ever dapper Mo). 



My boyfriend and I decided to bike over to the festivities as it was so nice (64 degrees Fahrenheit/17.7 degrees Celsius) and sunny outside for the first time in weeks.

During our ride over to T-Burd's house, an older gentleman pulled up beside me and told me that "Everyone should look just like you when the bicycle." Such a sweet thing to say; it definitely made me smile.

The party was wonderful and I got to dance for the first time since VLV.

My ridiculously happy bicycle featured prominently on the porch

During the "Happy Birthday" group serenade.


Now onto my outfit of the day...


OOTD
Top: Freddies of Pinewood (A complete steal from a Facebook seller - $20.00!)
Pants: Nicole Katherine Designs Rockabilly Dungarees 
Earrings: E-Bay bulk jewelry
Snood: Arthelia's Attic in Cherry Red
Bangles: Thrift store. I got about 20 Lucite bangles for $3.00
Flowers: Actually I think I illegally appropriated both of these from my girlfriend Raemi
Shoes: Keds from Payless

MOTD
Foundation: Warm Fair (1.1) Stuiod Skin - 15 Hour Wear Hydrating Foundation by Smashbox Studio 
Cheeks: Melba Powder Blush by MAC

Lipstick: Ruby Woo by MAC
Lip Liner: Cherry by MAC
Eyeliner: Magic Ink Liquid Eyeliner by Benefits
Eye Shadow: Virgin, Sin, and Toasted shadows from the Urban Decay Naked Palette .
Brows: Rich Chocolate Brown by Benefits ("Big Beautiful Eyes" contour kit)


Happy Birthday T-Burd


 

10 comments:

  1. You look positively ADORABLE!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look lovely, and what a sweet compliment from the old gent! :) Looks like you all had a fun time - Happy Birthday Tyler!!!

    ps. I totally understand how overwhelming the Viva posts can be! I managed to get mine done, but now I am similarly overwhelmed with all the photo editing and writing about the LA part of my trip! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was shocked how fast you got through all your pictures. Shocked and impressed!

      Delete
  3. Hehe your happy bicycle is just fantastic! Beautiful colour. And your hair flowers are really pretty too. You must have about a million photos of VLV to sort through! Very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have around 500 pictures of VLV and I have been so... lazy?

      Delete
  4. It looks like you guys had total blast! Happy birthday wishes to your friend!

    Love your jeans and Freddies outfit - the snood was a marvelous touch. I'll have to try partnering mine with repro denim soon, too.

    Big hugs,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw your Freddies outfit! You looked so great Jessica.

      Give that snood a try. Can't wait to see some photos!

      Delete
  5. What a lovely post that totally captures a fun, happy day so well! I love your bike! So cute! And those hair flowers are divine!

    ReplyDelete