Saturday, April 06, 2013

The VLV 16 Chronicles - Part 1

My travelling companion, Tre, and I left Denver late Tuesday night for Las Vegas. Our first night was spent unpacking and relaxing. Anyone that has been to Las Vegas will tell you that you are going to stay up later, dance harder, drink more, and generally exhaut yourself; now add in VLV.
 
I had my nails done before leaving for VLV. One less thing to worry about.


Earrings for VLV.

Bracelets for VLV.

Wardrobe for VLV.
 
 
I was lucky that my parents allowed us to stay at their condo for the week.
 
Living room.
View at night.
 
Our Denver friends all arrived on Wednesday night; it was a very chill night. We went to the Pre-VLV 16 showcase in Big Al's so we could get the dancing started. I of course took no pictures.
 
I decided to keep my outfit really simple: Freddies jeans, a Nudee Dudee 1930's sailor green and cream striped boatneck knit top, and a vintage silk cream colored scarf. Wednesday was definitely a bad day for my hair.
 
All present except the photographer.
 
$8.00 drink. So, so tiny.
 
 
Thursday was pre-VLV 16 fashion show practice, Sweetpea's Hooch and Smooch, vendor's opening, and a few really great bands early in the evening.
 
My lovely dress designed by Esther/Morningstar84.

The first people we encountered at the Hooch and Smooch were Mid-Century Pink and her lovely spouse. They are both fantastic and it was such a treat to meet them and get to spend time with them on multiple occasions.
 
Don't you love MCP's pink dress!
 
 
Denver friends

Denver friends
 

After the meet and greet, Tre and I had to head over to runway practice; we both were walking for La Muerte. By the time we got done the vendor rooms had opened and so we went to peruse for a few hours.



I wanted this dress so badly and it was my size.

After the vendor room, I meet with Katherine, owner and designer, of Whirling Turban. Tre and I got to sit with her and look through her beautiful designs and fabrics. She is so very talented. I think you'll be seeing more about her here later.


Sadly, our runway call for hair and makeup was at 8:00 a.m. on Friday so we had to head home early so we didn't look terrible on stage.
 
 
I've got a few hundred more pictures to edit but will try to get parts 2-4 up as soon as possible.

Baci Tutti!
HRF

20 comments:

  1. How fun! Excited to see all your outfits and runway experience:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only been able to get my hands on 3 runway pictures so far... hopefully I'll be able to find more before I post this week/weekend.

      Delete
  2. YAY!!!! We had sooooo much fun with you last weekend!! You and your friends (especially Tre) are a RIOT! Loads of good times had! Thanks for being such a sweetie. We're gonna have to come visit you in Denver!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I truly and sincerely had so a lovely time with you and Honey.

      You are absolutely welcome in Denver at anytime.

      Delete
  3. I see two dresses i know in that closet! So glad the Hawaiian dress made the list again. You look lovely! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll see a familiar swimsuit on Sunday as well!

      Delete
  4. Eeeeeee this looks like so much fun. Love your wardrobe pics. Can't wait to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was incredibly fun. I'll try to hurry with the other posts. Hope you can make it another year!

      Delete
  5. It was so great to meet you!!! I just wish we would have had more time to hang out - it feels like there are not enough hours in the day to do everything and see everyone at VLV...so glad you had an awesome time, and I hope to see you there next year! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very nice meeting you! I wish we had more time as well. Maybe while I am in Europe you could take the chunnel over to Paris?

      Delete
  6. Looks like fun. Maybe someday I'll get to VLV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to go as well. It really is loads of fun.

      Delete
  7. So sad I did not run into you at Viva ;-( There's always next year! Glad you had a great time. Can't believe another Viva has already come and gone...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had my eyes peeled for any familiar faces as well. Maybe next year!

      Delete
  8. Super fun shots - I especially loved seeing what you packed (awesome array of bangle bracelets). It's such a blast for armchair travelers like myself to get to experience Viva though great posts like this.

    ♥ Jessica

    *PS* Thank you very much, my dear, for your wonderfully lovely comment on my blog anniversary post today. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photos<3


    http://nekinovi-klinci.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. your nails look so hot in the first photo! love that style

    http://www.spoonfulofdiamonds.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks for sharing! i'd love to go there too one day but my future hubby prefers punk rock bowling ... two times vegas a year: no way ...

    ReplyDelete