Saturday, April 27, 2013

The VLV 16 Chronicles - Part 3

First, thank you all for your comments about the redesign of this site! Now on with the scheduled post.
 
 
Saturday, for me, is the busiest day of Viva Las Vegas. There are hundreds of vendors, cars, and shows to see. This is also the day that I wearing a minimum of three outfits.
 
Our Saturday started early with a wonderful limo ride over to The Orleans.
 
Tre in her lovely handmade Tiki dress
 
The line into the car show/vendor booths was very fast moving which was great for us as we didn't want to miss out on any good deals. While we were waiting though, this lovely woman walked by in what I think may be the best hat and dress combo I have seen in a very long time.
 
I want a shell shaped hat now.
 
 
We did a little shopping and headed over to look as some cars before it got too hot; the car show is after all in a large open, cement parking lot.
 








 
 
 
It soon got unbearable hot for me, so Tre and I headed over to relax at the pool.
 
 
 
 
 
I quickly slipped into a much needed nap and when I awoke the couples swimsuit contest had just started. The two ladies hosting it were catty in a hilarious way; they had me laughing the entire contest.
 
 
I absolutely loved this gals look. The hair, the flowers, and the amazing suit!


The winners! They really deserved it.


 
 
As we were leaving the pool to head back to the car show and to see Little Richard, we ran into the oh so fabulous, tall, gorgeous, and sweet Incendiary Blonde. Every time I saw her over the weekend (which was never enough), she looked stunning!
 
I am standing on a ledge that gave me an extra four or five inches and I'm still
shorter than Incendiary Blonde.
 
 
Back at the car show...
 


Proving funny is often better than sexy.
 
 
We finally ate lunch around 5:30 p.m. and Tre decided to head back to get ready for the night. She left me to watch Little Richard with our lovely Denver friends.
 
 
 
 
After a few dances we decided to head back to get ready for The Cleftones and Si Cranstoun!!!
 
 
I was beyond lucky to score the dress below from Doris May Day right before leaving for VLV 16. It was truly worth every single penny and could possibly be my new favorite dress. As far as my hair goes, I had to make lemonade from lemons. My hair set for the car show had been so tight that when I brushed it out, it became an uncontrollable mess. The only thing that it would do with any style and grace was a faux bob. I should have known better than to brush out a tight set.
 
 
 
 
The faux bob worked to my advantage though because the ballroom on Saturday nights is unbearably hot and I had long sleeves.
 
 
First up was The Cleftones and they were amazing!
 
 
 


The next set was the much anticipated Si Cranstoun and he was even better than last year!




 
 
Incendiary Blonde and I had chatted before the start of VLV and decided to both wear our green lurex dresses on Saturday night. As lucky would have it, I ran into her on my way back to the room to change into my Freddies of Pinewood top and NKD jeans for the late night record hop.
 
 
 
We danced at the record hop until about 4:00 a.m. and decided to call it a night.
 
 
 
 
Until Sunday...
 
 

14 comments:

  1. Besides all the other amazingness I have to compliment your outfits. You look smashing in your cropped top and those fabulous jeans. And that green dress... Its too divine! Looks very comfy too? The car show looks so good, I do enjoy large rumbly vehicles :) Sigh sigh. I have been pushing to come out next year, so we'll see!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That crop top was a reproduction by a gal I found on Etsy. I think she did such a great job.

      That green dress is so wonderful. I feel overdressed when I wear it outside of Vegas ha! It is super comfortable actually.

      I hope you will get to make it out next year!

      Delete
  2. So many awesome pictures. Thank you for taking us on your LV journey. Did you take the picture of Tre in the limo? Very artistic, feels very Marilyn. Love, love, love your new dress. I can see that this would be a great dress for many fun events. You also look great with you hair styled in a bob. I also love you hair accessories you are wearing. I think this would be a great future post hint hint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did take the picture of Tre in the limo... on my mobile phone.

      I'll take your hint and do a post in the very near future.

      Delete
  3. I am dying over your green dress! The colour is perfect and I really like the style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That green dress is, some how, even better in person. I love the fur cuffs as well.

      Delete
  4. Ahhh so jealous! I've been following your Instagram and going all green from not being there! But thanks for sharing!! You look fabuloussssss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Nora. I hope that you will be able to make it next year!

      Delete
  5. Oh how I wish I could have gone! Maybe next year. Your posts are so wonderful- it practically feels like I WAS there! LOL!

    Thanks doll,
    The Glamorous Housewife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TGH, you should definitely try to make it next year. It is such a great time!

      Delete
  6. Oh my goodness I am totally blushing right now! Thank you for all the sweet compliments!!! Saturday was super busy, and that was the day that we ran into each other the most often! :) You got some really great shots at the car show. I actually didn't spend too much time looking at cars this year, but I think I will have to take some more pictures there next year. The winning swimsuit couple are friends of mine, so I will pass on the link to this post, as I'm sure they will love it! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your friends totally deserved to win. They were too cute and looked so great.

      You deserve the compliments. Go to the mirror and look at yourself!

      Delete
  7. What a magnificently fun looking day! I so, so, soooo want to attend Viva one year, too. Your posts are the next best thing to be there though, and I love that you've shared so much of this year's Viva going ons with all of us.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that you will get to attend VLV sooner rather than later. Each year the event gets bigger and a little less personal.

      Delete