Wednesday, May 22, 2013

My New Outfit from Nudeedudee

If you follow HRF on Facebook you already know that I received a great 1940's rayon jersey sailor style top with flutter sleeves and 1940's red gabardine wide leg pants from Nudeedudee last Friday.

I have a few other items created by Kim. I love each one and would say that each item get above standard usage.  A prime example of that is my 1930's boat-neck striped shirt in green and white; which has made not one but two trips to VLV because it is such a great staple and go-to-piece.

Getting ready for Lindy on the Rocks 2012

VLV 15



My boyfriend and I were going to attend a filming of American Ninja Warrior on Sunday and I decided this would be a  perfect chance to premiere my new duds. Unfortunately, all we had was our mobile phone cameras because someone (pointing finger at myself) forgot to bring a real camera. I also stated on my Facebook page that I would do an outfit post of my new outfit and I try not to disappoint.

I am, however, sorry for the bit of blur and the erratic colors. The only picture that really came out well is the first one.


These pants are really red. Which is right up my alley.

A little blurry but shows the outfit the best


I got a lot of stares and a few compliments. People always seem so put out that I am dressed up; almost like they are offended. Do any of you get that type of reaction when you are fully dressed?

After a long evening in this outfit, I can say without hesitation that these are the most elegant and comfortable pants I have ever owned. They sway in the wind and the color is so gorgeous. I also love the top! That cut on the neck and the sleeves is really flattering to my curves / bust-line.

This outfit definitely makes me feel tall, thin, and elegant.

I also did a quick photo of my hair, makeup, accessories when we got home. Sorry, I probably look a little worse for the wear after a long night out drinking. Of course, I once again used my terrible camera phone for photos so I am positive that doesn't help my case.

You can't tell but I have a large scar on my right brow. I am
missing all of my hair from my arch toward my hairline.

Cute clip-on pearl earrings with rhinestones.


___________________________________________________________________________________



This is also the final reminder to enter the 1920's Deco Giveaway if you so desire.  I'll draw the winner on Saturday!


11 comments:

  1. Those pants are fantastic, I really like the width of the legs.
    Debora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I get that reaction a lot! I don't judge people for walking out in pajama pants to go to the store, please don't judge me for respecting you enough to look well put together in public! It's a huge pet peeve of mine. (In case you couldn't tell. *wink wink* Anyway, I'm a new follower, and I adore your blog! Thanks for being an inspiration :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww man! I just wrote a comment and it got erased. Don't you just want to kick this? Love your outfit. Red is a great color for you. Also, really love your hair accessories. I've been trying to buy a few as of late. You'd think it would be easy but I don't want to look like I went to the craft store and plucked a flower from the rack, I'd like them to have an air of realism. Wouldn't it be nice to wear a fresh flower? I haven't tried this yet. Love the look:))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that top! Coincidentally I just ordered the other striped top she has on offer this morning. Guess we both had Nudeedudee on the brain! Her stuff is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That green stripey top is really nice, I like the shade of the green. The red pants are amazing! They do look super comfy. In the face close-up photos you look a bit like the actress Rebecca Hall, which I mean as a compliment! She's in the film The Prestige and the new Iron Man film too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sensational!! I love those trousers. I've been eyeing that blouse with the sweetheart neckline.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my word!!! Those trousers are SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh honey, you look absolutely spectacular! Those pants, goodness gracious, they're worthy of framing as the work of stylish art that they are.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is one of my FAVORITE outfits of yours!!! You look F-A-B!!!!! Love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooohh those pants are fabulous! I get that reaction often, especially here in Seattle where everyone is so dressed down. I don't understand the hostile attitude, I guess it's resentment? (But even saying that makes me feel weird, so ugh.) But on the other hand, I'm sure you get many many compliments too, far more than the stray stink eye here and there!

    xo Sara

    ReplyDelete