Sunday, June 30, 2013

5th Annual 1940's WWII Era Ball

There were some drastic changes to this years 1940's WWII Era Ball. Some changes were wonderful while others left me yearning for years past. My biggest issue would be the location of the dance floor. It was in the middle of a field and so you had to traipse among random rocks, ruts, and dirt just to get to the dance floor.
 
This year I decided to wear pants in lieu of my normal choice, a dress. I had full intention on wearing my Whirling Turban black and white polka dot set but had to change my plans last minute due to the heat. Looking back, this was a very good choice as I was more than warm enough in my backup outfit.
 
I went with a Betty Grable inspired up-do this year because of the heat and a bad haircut back in March. I had a little assistance with my makeup and hair by watching Micheline Pitt's DVD; the instructions were so easy to follow and I think the overall look was wonderful.
 
With my hetero-life partner Tre
 
 
I made my hair butterflies and heavily retouched my shoes so they would light up when I moved.
 
 
This blouse exceeded all of my expectations and wishes.
 
 
Because Tre won the 1940's Christmas Ball Pinup Competition she received six free VIP tickets and so we were treated to a nicely shaded seating area by the dance floor and stage amongst all the WWII veterans. We were even seated with a lady who had been a nurse on the European front.
 


 
 
We spent the night dancing, drinking, and hanging out with our group of friends; the normal.
 



I love this picture. I am dancing with a 92 year old WWII sailor. He is so much fun. I always seek him out at this event.

With Mary Beth of Meteor Vintage




Unintentional twins






 
 
And as is tradition, I stalked down Mr. Blue Eyes for a photo.
 
 
I did make it on stage again for my authentic vintage attire but lost out to a girl that was proposed to on stage just as the judging began... That's my luck I suppose.
 
The emcee decided my name should be Dragon Lady.
 
Well that's it for the 1940's WWII Era Ball. I'll see you over on Technicolor Cutie's blog in a few days!
 
 

15 comments:

  1. Yep, you've been super tagged. Could I care if you've been nominated before? Nope...it's now back at you again like a cold it will probably come again lol. A Liebster your way. Check out the info on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The more I see of your fabulous trousers by nudeedudee I want a pair. Eeep!! I gotta way the cost per wear...does she make them in neutrals?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fabulous! That blouse is so dreamy too. Sheer blouses are a must for warmer weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this look is highly original, red suits you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh sweet! I have been eyeing this event for a while-it looks like a hoot! You looked great and thank you for sharing the event with us!!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a fabulous event, I didn't realize this was a new post when I first tagged you above, so excuse my two posts:) You look great and of course, your hair is awesome. It looks like such a fun time! I could look at photographs of this event all week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look so gorgeous! Your outfit was perfect and I adore that blouse!! This looks like such a fun event, and quite similar to the 1940s events that we have here in the UK. You can definitely tell that everyone was having fun - check out that packed dance floor!!! On a side note, I'm glad to hear the Micheline Pitt dvd is easy to follow, as I just got a copy of it today - can't wait to watch it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun event this must have been and you look fantastic! Love that blouse.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like so much fun! Very important to be comfy and your outfit looks amazing as well as easy to wear... even though your blouse is so ornate it looks like you could wear it with anything! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That blouse, oh my! I'm so incredibly jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks like such a great time! You look beautiful and that blouse is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, you look amazing Miss Wendi!! So gorgeous! Loving the pics. So happy you like the trousers, they look wonderful on you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So. Much. Fun. You look great! I love all the blingin' additions. Perfect for a ball. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. These photos are so fun! You're outfit is perfect. I love those red swing trousers!

    ReplyDelete