Monday, April 20, 2015

Viva Las Vegas 18 - Thursday

Let's continue our VLV 18 story from Pre-Viva Las Vegas 18.

By Thursday, all of my friends who were attending this year had arrived to Las Vegas and we had planned to meet at Sweetpea's Hooch and Smooch for our first official get together of the weekender.

Last summer, my girlfriends, Wink and Bridget, and I decided to make felt circle skirts with lobsters on them for the Hooch and Smooch using Technicolor Cutie's tutorial. I was pretty excited to unveil my little masterpiece.



I hadn't even told Technicolor Cutie that I was going to wear the skirt. She was very pleased with my creation as well as the other ladies.

I made a little lobster pocket for my skirt.


Trying to get all the ladies together for a picture can be quite the task.

We are having some kind of intense conversation... that was probably me telling a funny anecdote.




All of the lobster skirts together for the first time




After the Hooch and Smooch, I ran off to Technicolor Cutie's hotel room to have her do my hair. I had decided two things for VLV 18:

  1. I was not going to do my hair this year because I was feeling far too lazy.
  2. I was going to wear Lurex every single day.


I had selected four similar but slightly different styles for the weekend for Technicolor Cutie. Let me be the first to say that some styles mean you will look like this in the middle of styling.



That's okay, just be sweet and gentle to your curls and it will come together looking like this!







You can't really see it but I am wearing a hairnet because I love to dance into the wee hours of the night; say 4:30 a.m. or later. If you dance as hard as I do, you know that you get sweaty and your hair falls. The hairnet stopped my hair from falling all weekend.

After I got my hair done, it was time to don my first Lurex dress of the weekend. A fantastic black and white striped dress with silver throughout. I paired it with some spider web shoes, a gift from Wink, and vintage rhinestone jewelry.





I love VLV because you get to see friends from all over the world that you haven't seen since the last VLV. This year was extra special because I got to meet so many of my Instagram followers that I have come to adore.

What would VLV be without the Gene Kelly of jive, Mr. Tyler Byrd?
 

With the adorable Jana of New Mexico

With Siri from Denmark and Audrey from Texas

The power of a flash. You can finally see how shiny Siri and my dresses were.

The gorgeous and so sweet Darla of LA

Always talking




Around 1 a.m., it was off to the room to change clothing for the record hop.

With Bridget

Waiting for my turn to change


I changed into some capri, a Lurex shirt, and some flats for dancing.



On the way to the record hop I ran into one of my favorite dancers, Graham. This video is from a few years ago and doesn't quite showcase how good he really is but nevertheless here it is.




Graham (from the U.K.) has a fabulous sense of fashion.

We stayed at the record hop, the least packed of the weekender, until about 5:00 a.m. My poor feet were covered in blisters by the end of the evening (totally worth it).




I'll see you on Friday.


1 comment:

  1. What a great Thursday blog post. Sigh I miss Viva. Your outfits...amazing! The skirt you made I seriously cannot get over that. I have no talent and glue guns, needles and thread are my enemy lol! And your hair is wonderful. I love the "before" lol! been there :)

    Looking forward to the remaining weekend posts.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete